About the job
We are looking for a qualified Tool Care Technician which involves working as part of a team to provide tool maintenance, repair and refurbishment of multi-cavity injection mould tools whilst determining best practice to minimise tool damage, breakage and downtime.
Hours: 8.30 am - 4.30 pm with the opportunity of overtime.
- Health and Safety awareness ensuring a zero accident mentality following all legal and company procedures.
- Tool Care performance to plan including recording, resolving and escalating issues to meet defined Quality Criteria.
- Tool installation as per specifications and procedures to meet KPIs
- Tool maintenance, repair and refurbishment to meet KPIs
- Provide modifications as required to cavity injection mould tools
- Determine best practice for tool maintenance to minimise tool damage, breakage and downtime
- Process control and continuous improvement
- Problem solving within the cell
- Maintenance of a safe, clean, and tidy work area in cooperation with the other workers
- Completion of relevant documentation in a legible manner, on time and in full
- Safety checks on injection moulding machines
Skills and experience
- HNC or HND qualification (or similiar) with precision engineering experience, preferably in a tooling context.
- Problem solving, process control and continuous improvements.
- Experience required in the use of workshop equipment such as lathes, milling and grinding machines.
- Knowledge of Injection Moulding desirable
Salary: £28,000.00-£34,000.00 per year
- Bike to work scheme
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Day shift
We have strict COVID-19 guidelines provided at entry to our facility
- Have you achieved a HND or HNC (or similar) qualification?
- Tool Care: 1 year (preferred)
About the company
Weener Plastics is a full service global supplier of innovative plastic packaging solutions. The company designs, develops and manufactures added value Caps, Closures, Roll-on Balls, Jars and Bottles for the Personal Care, Food & Beverage and Home Care markets.
Weener Plastics employs about 4,700 people and has 26 facilities in 18 countries worldwide with Headquarters in Ede, The Netherlands.
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to Marina Maytum, HR Manager. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
15 Jul 2021