About the job
We are looking for multiple Production Operative(s). The Production Operative is key to ensuring customer requirements are met on time and in full. Working closely with the Team Leader, they will be responsible for day to day operations within the department as well as improvement and process control.
The Production Operative will be required to work for our 24/7 business working 12 hour shifts. The weekly hours are 42 per week, divided into 3.5 shifts per week over a two week period. Hours are from 6.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. and from 6.00 p.m. to 6.00 a.m. alternating. You will also be requested to complete a 15 minute handover per shift as overtime.
- Health and Safety awareness ensuring a zero accident mentality following all legal and company procedures.
- Manufacturing performance to plan including recording, resolving and escalating issues to meet defined Quality Criteria.
- Process control and continuous improvement.
- Quality submissions
- Provide assistance to the team and learn and develop from the operator grade 3 and setter's knowledge
- Assist with training/mentoring/induction of colleagues at levels 1 and 2
- Pack, label and palletize product.
- Problem solving within the cell.
- Material movement and control.
- Identification and implementation of waste reduction initiatives.
- Proper packaging of the produced goods and disposal of the waste
- Maintenance of a safe, clean, and tidy work area in cooperation with the other shift workers
- Shift handovers
- Completion of relevant documentation in a legible manner, on time and in full
Skills and experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing production and processes
- Health and Safety awareness
- GCSE passes at average or above level in Maths and English or equivalent is essential
- Quality Training desirable
- Attention to detail
Salary: £9.00-£9.50 per hour
- Bike to work scheme
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- 12 hour shift
- Have you worked within a manufacturing/factory environment before?
About the company
Weener Plastics is a full service global supplier of innovative plastic packaging solutions. The company designs, develops and manufactures added value Caps, Closures, Roll-on Balls, Jars and Bottles for the Personal Care, Food & Beverage and Home Care markets.
Weener Plastics employs about 4,700 people and has 26 facilities in 18 countries worldwide with Headquarters in Ede, The Netherlands.
Please email Marina Maytum - HR Manager a copy of your CV and covering letter. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
15 Jul 2021